While you recover from the excessive eating and drinking over the new year celebrations, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all good luck, prosperity and health in the year ahead.
Now to other important matters...
Recently I came across a white paper, How Can I Help You?, which talked about how having the right headset can improve agent performance and customer satisfaction.
This is indeed quite interesting because headsets are not really top of mind when organisations think about purchasing technology in the contact centre, typically it is the big items such as ACD, IVR, CRM, WFM and Knowledge Management.
After reading the white paper it makes sense to place a higher level of priority on headsets – the values of headsets presented in the white paper include:
- Multi-tasking ability – especially in the emerging multi-channel environment
- Ergonomics – assists in ease of hot-desking, posture, and allowing freedom of movement of agents who are on the phones all day long
- Noise cancellation – high quality audio and blocking out the noisy contact centre environment
- Mobility – allows agents to easily move around the office to access additional information that may help with resolving the customer’s query
- Multi-device – ability to connect to different devices such as desktop phones, soft clients and mobile devices
- ROI – improved agent performance through the above values