First, don't miss the upcoming webinars I'll be hosting this month - they will be brilliant:
- Client expectations are changing - Part 1: The Cost of Business as Usual. Date: Thursday, May 10, 2012 Time: 10 am US Pacific / 11 am US Mountain / 1 pm US Eastern | Friday, May 11, 2012 Time: 3 am Sydney time. (don't let the time scare you ;)
- Knowledge Management: The backbone of successful Social Media and Mobile App Service Delivery. Date: Tuesday 22nd May 2012. Time: 13.00 pm - 14.00 pm Aust EST.
In the next 2 weeks Fifth Quadrant will release the 2012 Australia & New Zealand Customer Service Industry Human Resource Management Report. This report is possibly my favourite of all the reports we write each year. Indeed I do love the technology side of customer service strategy, ops and management however it is really the organisational behaviour metrics that intrigue me.
A couple of cool stats below ...
Top HR challenges for the past 12 months:
- Recruiting Quality Candidates 47%
- Absenteeism 43%
- Budget Constraints 36%
- Agent Training and Development 26%
Most successful agent retention strategies:
- Pay Above Market Rates 25%
- Reward and Recognition Programmes 37%
- Training and Education Programmes 19%
Level of sick leave for customer service workers:
- 10 days sick per annum
- 7% percentage of staff sick per day (median days sick leave for all industries across Australia = 7.5 days)
If you are interested in pre-ordering this report please drop an email to Jules at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oh yeah, I was invited to attend the Sydney Fashion Week event last week. Brilliant.
My greatest learning?
Swimwear models also have wobbly thighs.